Vancouver, BC

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Vancouver, BC

Postby Hublocker » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:46 pm

I started on my first acoustic guitar in January 1968. Saw Cream in June 1968.

Heard a busker play "Born in Chicago" in the summer of that year and went and bought a Butterfield album. Wrong one, but what the hell. Played a borrowed Harmony guitar to fake bass on in a band in 1969, got a real bass of my own in 1976 and played a bit of acoustic guitar and a lot of bass until last year. I have played upright bass for 20 years.

I always dabbled in blues guitar and leaned the scales and a Chuck Berry lick, but until a close friend showed a real serious interest in bass last year and another pal seemed to like what I was doing on electric guitar, I was always the bassist in groups and jam bands.

Well, said friend became a heckuva bassist in a year and I was demoted to lead guitar.

Youtube is an amazing resource and I've been picking up Albert King and Freddie king licks, SRV moves, a bit of Clapton and various odds and ends off that, plus with my collection of old Guitar Player mags and a lot of Muddy waters and Clapton records on vinyl (all of Cream's output) I seem to be able to pull off a solo or two if necessary.

I'm the Hawaiian shirt guy

Hublocker
Regular

Re: Vancouver, BC

Postby jeffl » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:07 am

Pull up a stool & hit the intro. Welcome to the pile.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Vancouver, BC

Postby ricochet » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:33 pm

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Return to A Bit About You