New guy from Canada

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

New guy from Canada

Postby mcrackin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:37 am

I'm 24 from Vancouver, Canada. My names Matt. I'm really only into the 'poppier' blues like SRV Doors Hendrix BBKing....but I'm here, looking to expand.
I don't know where my taste comes from, although my dad is huge into blues/jazz. Has a collection of Les Paul and Fender guitars hidden in the corner of his room....my music influence is mainly from him and 1 good friend. All my other friends are into rap, new rock, etc etc. :(

If you guys can recommend some artists to get my taste buds out there a little bit that would be appreciated. My fav songs are Little Wing by SRV and Red House my JHendrix.
mcrackin
Regular

Re: New guy from Canada

Postby ricochet » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Welcome!

I've always loved "Red House" myself.
ricochet
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Welcome!

You can get a listening list by reading up on the artists you like and see who inspired them, say
Muddy Waters, BB King and Buddy Guy for Jimi Hendrix and Freddie King, T-Bone Walker, and Albert King for Stevie Ray Vaughan. (that's not an exhaustive list).

Out of left field, you should check out Luther Allison - Live in Chicago. You'll probably like it.

Freddie King - Ain't No Sunshine
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby birddog » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Welcome

Always nice to see a younger person take an interest in the blues.

You may want to check out Johnny Lang or the late Jeff Healy, who left us way too soon.
Talk about being inspired, Jeff was blind and Canadian.

Wally
birddog
Regular

Return to A Bit About You