Dirk Digglers Blues Revue

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Postby Fishbone » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:58 pm

Hi,

My name is Fishbone and I play for a UK based blues band:

I have joined this forum so I can get some advice on all things blues and how to help get my band noticed.

You can check us out:

http://www.myspace.com/dirkdigglersbluesrevue

Have a look let me know what you think...

All comments are greatly welcomed.

As for me personally, I love all blues and try to get to see as many blues bands as I can, doing my bit to keep the blues alive in the UK.
Fishbone
Regular

Re: Dirk Digglers Blues Revue

Postby ricochet » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Welcome to the board!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Bournio » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Where abouts in the UK are you? I'm in Stafford at present but live up in Lancashire
Bournio
Regular

Postby dcblues » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:06 pm

Welcome! I hate to tell you this, but with the name Dirk Diggler, I can't help but picture that scene in Boogie Nights when Dirk and his friend go to a recording studio and try to become rock stars. :)
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Fishbone » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:07 pm

Bournio wrote:Where abouts in the UK are you? I'm in Stafford at present but live up in Lancashire

Funny that; I live in Manchester but lived in Stone Staffordshire for years. Dirk Digglers Blues Revue are a Stoke-on-Trent based band...Small world.
Fishbone
Regular

Postby Bournio » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:14 pm

Ahh cool! just got onto the Myspace, Like it, cool sound.

Definately small world moments... May drag myself down to see your supporting slot in Stoke!
Bournio
Regular

Postby maxx england » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:55 am

What do you play? And do you get to see Ernie's Rhythm Section at all? They're from somewhere Manchester way. Good outfit if you haven't caught them yet. Talk to them about the Swanage festival, 6/7/8 March. Me and Jakey will be there.

And new boys get the drinks in. I drink cider. Please note, not that poxy Magner's urine, cider. Oooh aaar :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Fishbone » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:23 pm

maxx england wrote:What do you play? And do you get to see Ernie's Rhythm Section at all? They're from somewhere Manchester way. Good outfit if you haven't caught them yet. Talk to them about the Swanage festival, 6/7/8 March. Me and Jakey will be there.

And new boys get the drinks in. I drink cider. Please note, not that poxy Magner's urine, cider. Oooh aaar :mrgreen:

Yeah seen them a few times, I have actually played with them with my other band at the Thirsty Scholar. They often play at my local pub The Vic in Whithington. Really good stuff.

I play bass and sing in my blues band, as I say, click on the below link and let me know what you think....

http://www.myspace.com/dirkdigglersbluesrevue
Fishbone
Regular

Postby Fishbone » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:44 am

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the forum....
Fishbone
Regular

Return to A Bit About You