Hey

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hey

Postby CashWiley » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:41 pm

Signed up yesterday, guess I should introduce myself. Cash is what my dad named me, mom got to name me "legally", so I go by Cash for blues purposes.

Started playing guitar at 14 when my metal band formed from some art school friends. Lost our bass player a few years later and I took over in the style of Cliff Burton, Geezer Butler and Geddy Lee mashed together. Band broke up in 93 and I had a hell of a time putting together a bunch of musicians who could write really well, so I hung it up for the most part. Around 2000 I picked up the guitar again, about a year later I found an old Muddy tape I've had since the early 80s (his live album from Blue Sky).

At that point I started getting into the blues. Tracing stuff back through Page/Clapton/Hendrix, getting turned on to the amazing Peter Green, and learning a lot and hearing some amazing music along the way.

Wish I was a great acoustic fingerstylist in the nature of Big Bill or Johnson, but I've got so many years of rock chops, I stick mostly to the electric stuff. Because I'm lazy :)
CashWiley
Regular

Re: Hey

Postby jeffl » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:15 pm

Well, Lazy Cash Wiley sounds like a good blues name to me. Welcome to the forum.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hey

Postby ricochet » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:49 am

Welcome, Cash!
ricochet
Regular

Return to A Bit About You