Hello

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hello

Postby clarence » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:27 pm

My name is Clarence Baggett.I am 57 yrs. old,married ,kids,grandkids etc.I have been playing guitar since 12yrs. old.
I was visiting this site and knew I had to join.I was born and raised in Memphis Tn., so I was exposed to a lot of different music(lucky me).In the 60's we would go down to Beale and play on the corners for change etc I met Furry Lewis at one of these mini concerts and I was hooked.At this time we hung on Beale or down at the North End on main.I started slide around 69,switched to bass around 73,lot of pickers ,not many bass players.Played all over Memphis,mid south,georgia etc.
Now live in Hardy Ar.,back in the woods,playing bass in a bar band..WWW.MySpace-HeyWyre Band....Gigging steady,
still having fun.All these years later still playing around with bottle neck& slide,Still an ole Bluesman at heart...
clarence
Regular

Re: Hello

Postby jeffl » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:40 pm

Welcome to the asylum Clarence. I'm a harper. 57 yrs. old. Been playin' since I was 12 too (started out on rock organ). Newbies bring the beer. Pull up a chair.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:30 am

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Little Tina » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:24 am

Welcome Clarence!
Little Tina