Detroit Rock City!!

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Detroit Rock City!!

Postby musichead » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:11 am

Hello from the D.

Simple background check ... I have owned a guitar for about 19 years (2 Squire Strats). I could play a lot of intros to songs! 2 years ago I bought a 52 Reissue Tele and have been absorbing the blues ever since.

John Mayall w/Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker, Jimmy Reed and anything from Sun Records are my bloodline.

I'm here to take it to the next level. My goal is to be in a blues band in 2 years.

Hola!!!
musichead
Regular

Re: Detroit Rock City!!

Postby ricochet » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:30 pm

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby bluejay » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:30 pm

Welcome from an exiled Michigander. Bet it's fun to be working with that Tele. So where do you go in the Motor City to listen to blues bands? Do you head over to A-Square to the Blind Pig and check things out? Knowing the scene should give you some heads up on making that band dream happen. Detroit's a tough town, but if you can hack out a niche there, it certainly seems to be a breeding ground for good bands.
bluejay
Regular

Postby musichead » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:46 pm

boy its been a while since i've logged on here.

in ann arbor, go to Goodnite Gracies and listen to Laith Al-Saadi. he is AMAZING.

also, the bat upstairs Live At PJs has a great old guy Lester Blues taht does gteat covers and fun BB KIng style blues.

as far as anything in detroit. its tough to find bands who are original.

but Laith is the bomb
musichead
Regular

Return to A Bit About You