RE: A Formal Introduction

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Postby ricochet » Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:02 pm

Welcome, beetm! I'm some 350 miles north of you in Bristol, Tennessee. I go to or through Atlanta now and then, when I have to, not when I can avoid it. (I was last there about 3 weeks ago for a recertification exam.) I'm in the heart of bluegrass country, also the site of the first recordings of Jimmie Rodgers, The Carter Family, The Stonemans and others 75 years ago that's being celebrated as the birth of country music. http://bristolrhythm.com/ But I really love to play and listen to the Delta Blues, along with the good old serious hard rock (which is a lot closer to the blues than many will admit!)
ricochet
Regular

Postby chillywilly » Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:42 am

BeetM,
Sounds like you got the makin's of a good blues tune there. "came to Atlanta for a woman, stayed for another one" That's damn good. How many times have we done something similar.....?

Welcome to the best Blues board you'll find. Glad to have you here.

L8,
Chilly
chillywilly
Regular

Postby bottleneck » Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:03 pm

hmm,you wouldn't happen to have originally been from essex,would you?
bottleneck
Regular

Postby inbred » Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:02 pm

Hi, Beetm. I guess I'm kinda like you. There was life before Delta blues and life after. I guess I'm a born again bluesman. I only been playin for about a year and my playing was not really very exciting until I discovered Delta blues. Welcome
inbred
Regular

Return to A Bit About You