RE: New kid

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

RE: New kid

Postby dougtheslug » Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:39 pm

Yeah, I've posted about 6 small sound files in the Bottleneck folder. Just do a search under dougtheslug and the items will comeup. Usually they're small 30 second clips that show off my bad playing and the new instruments I've made. Theree's a dobro, a tenor, a twelve string and some others. They are files about 800 k in size, so they take a while to load. I've been tying to find a surlced of mp3 software that lets me record for longer periods of time with shorter files,but I've not found it yet.

Dougtheslug
dougtheslug
Regular

RE: Mp3 recording

Postby rustyslide » Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:35 pm

Doug, you can't record directly to mp3. Mp3s are as small as they are because they're compressed and encoded... rip a CD into mp3s and watch how long it takes. What you have to do is clear out a chunk of your hard drive; 3 minutes will end up being 30mb. If you like it, encode the mp3 and throw out the 30mb file, and if you don't like it, just throw it out.

As to what software to use, I can only answer for Mac stuff, but I use SoundApp, Ultra-recorder, ProTools Free and iTunes. I think there's ProTools Free for Windows as well.

ramble ramble ramble
I got ramblin' on my mind.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Return to A Bit About You