RE: Name this guitar!

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Postby ricochet » Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:09 pm

I have NO idea who made it. It's a nice small body shaped very similarly to my Epiphone Blues Master, which has a much better tone for blues or solo fingerpicking IMO than the usual big dreadnoughts. The neck-body junction is in the old-fashioned 12th fret position, as is mine. Looks good in the pictures. You don't want to lower the action, that'd get expensive. If you're mainly interested in slide, that's no big deal. If you can get it at a good price, go for it and worry about identification later. :)
ricochet
Regular

Postby bosco » Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:14 pm

Welcome to BRB! I notice the ebay header says "Airline Kay Wards"? All potential guesses by the previous owner I suppose.

I'm not a guitar expert but the design looks suspiciously like a Kay logo to me. If I recall they used the "orbit" circles. One of the guitar players in my blues band has an old Kay that he found and restored. I'll be at his house next week for practice and I'll check his guitar out and get back to you.

BTW - You'll probably get more responses by posting this in the "Acoustic Blues" section than here...this is for intros only.

went down to the crossroads...
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Return to A Bit About You