RE: New guy

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Postby badfinger » Sat May 18, 2002 1:46 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-18-02 AT 09:49 AM (CST)]Hi, Lewis
Welcome to the Big Road (for God's and all our sake don't mention Robert Johnson, just now... especially don't say anything about the documents in the news this week showing how he was born in Liverpool and stowed away on an emigrant ship bound for USA...).
Nice to have another rep from the home side of the great shining water.
Where's Gl? (Glamorgan, Gloucester, Glasgow, Glossop, Glastonbury...?)

Take care

bf
badfinger
Regular

Postby badfinger » Sat May 18, 2002 8:54 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-18-02 AT 04:59 PM (CST)]Surrey.

That many? Wow!

I've never thought about it in that way. In fact quite the opposite: although I'v never actually formed the conscious thought, I've operated on the assumption that I'm one of a small minority of Roaders not resident in that place on the other side of the Atlantic (forgive me, Doug et al, for lumping you in that classification). There is, also, I know, at least one in Australia. But I never think of it as being anything other than sparsely populated at the times I'm on here.

Your comment also suggests the forum as being something more 'instant' than I ever think of it - more a notice board I stick Post-Its on and come back later to see if anyone has answered them.

There is a 'chat room', but I'm not aware of anyone going there on a regular basis. I've been there a couple of time, said "helloooo?" and just got an echo...

Hey, everyone - Anybody here go in there? Ever?

There y'go.

bf

ps: I just looke on the "How Many Are Logged On" thing and it said you were here at 0450am (or something equally silly, cos it's eleven o'clock just now!), and that is a confusing thing as well, gets in the way of chat rooms (rooms? I ask you!)
badfinger
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat May 18, 2002 9:27 pm

I'm on here a lot looking for new posts and replies, but I've never cared for the chatroom setup. Haven't tried this one.
ricochet
Regular

Postby diamond » Sun May 19, 2002 8:05 pm

Hi Lewis,
I'm in the next county up, Worcs....welcome to B.R.B. enjoy the chats and have a good time!...Happy Slidin!
Diamond :)
diamond
Regular

Postby badfinger » Mon May 20, 2002 1:44 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-20-02 AT 09:45 AM (CST)]I'm in Woking.

Went to Gloucester, once.

bf
badfinger
Regular

Postby sandy » Mon May 20, 2002 4:13 pm

Hi from Sussex. I've always found plenty of people jumping in with comments on this site. It's never felt lonely. I don't really understand the chatroom thing, though.
sandy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby srvlives » Tue May 21, 2002 9:05 am

Man, do I feel lonely down here. I may have to string my guitar upside down and move up there with you lot.

The chat is on Monday midday for me, used to go in there when I was home and the board was fairly new, some great fun was to be had.

Just think of all the nuttiness that goes on in these posts, without the aid of thinking about what you're about to write.

'I use heavy strings, tune low and floor it. Floor it, that's technical talk' SRV
srvlives
Regular

Postby mikedev » Tue May 21, 2002 10:49 am

And hi from another Surrey based Brit.

I've never been to Gloucester. Got a good kicking on the rugby field from a Gloucester forwrd once though. Taught me not to lie on the ball.
mikedev
Regular

Postby badfinger » Tue May 21, 2002 3:48 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-21-02 AT 11:53 AM (CST)]Chaos?

bf

ps: the above is out of place - it was a response to SRVlives last.

To MikeDev:
Used be a winger - long and skinny, legs to my armpits, could run like stink, but weighed about 7 stone. I learned that when I met any big bugger in front of me with the wrong coloured shirt, the best thing to do was stop, hold out the ball and say: "Here you are - sir!".

bf
badfinger
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue May 21, 2002 6:08 pm

Think about what you're about to write? You mean you do that, SRV?

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to give it a try...

One of these days...

"Tomorrow is another day."
ricochet
Regular

Postby srvlives » Tue May 21, 2002 7:40 pm

A thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters could not imbiggun you with any more cromulant wisdom than appears under my pseudonym.

(Must keep vewy, vewy quiet, don't want them to find out that my son actually posts here under my name...)

'I use heavy strings, tune low and floor it. Floor it, that's technical talk' SRV
srvlives
Regular

Postby sandy » Wed May 22, 2002 10:40 am

>Used be a winger - long and skinny, legs to my armpits,
>could run like stink, but weighed about 7 stone. I learned
>that when I met any big bugger in front of me with the wrong
>coloured shirt, the best thing to do was stop, hold out the
>ball and say: "Here you are - sir!".
>
>
>bf
Hey - a whole new rugby and blues tangent! I played every position at one time or another - often one of the few 16 stone scrum halves around. Best blues and rugby moment - rugby tour to Holland, mid 1980s. Found an international blues harp festival in a club, and dragged a couple of friends along. Mind-blowing evening, and so very different from what the rest of the tour party got up to.
sandy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby srvlives » Wed May 22, 2002 10:44 am

So the World Cup's coming to town, who's coming down to watch?

srvlives
Regular

Postby sandy » Fri May 24, 2002 11:52 am

I wish. Maybe it'll be Scotland's year. You see I am interested in other blues - Scotland and Chelsea. Not politically in the UK sense, though.
sandy
Contributor
Contributor

Return to A Bit About You