Chilly back in da house

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Chilly back in da house

Postby chillywilly » Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:59 am

Hey all you blues brothers and sisters, I've been out of the country (or at least out of this particular one)for a month and haven't had a chance to check into the BRB board for a long time. Seems like Moj has gotten busy (looks good Doc!) and I'm happy to see that NotSon is back in da House too. Haven't had a chance to get up to date on all the posts I missed yet, but reckon that will be some time well spent in the next few days.

Had to leave all my guitars behind during my month away, so they're getting a good workout on the front porch this weekend. Also didn't get much chance to hear the blues over in France-- it was a way too WORKY trip, but sure am happy to be back and slidin' again, not to mention hanging out here at Big Road Blues with y'all.

Late,
Chilly Willy
chillywilly
Regular

RE: Chilly back in da house

Postby ricochet » Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:49 am

Welcome back, Chilly!

It's been way too quiet here lately; reckon everybody's busy!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby badfinger » Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:01 am

Hi, Chilly - we still await the explanation of the name!!
bf
badfinger
Regular

Postby slidnslim » Tue Mar 19, 2002 5:20 am

Glad to see you back Chilly! Slim
slidnslim
Regular

Postby chillywilly » Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:57 am

BF- well, you asked for it. Derivation of the ChillyWilly moniker is a complicated subject having to do with my given name William associated with my propensity to exhibit relaxation in spite of going 100 mph internally , remaining cool and unruffled on the surface, sometimes known in these parts as "kickin' back" or "Chillin'" i.e. remaining nominally sentient and otherwise exhibiting a semblance of a pulse and similar signs of life while maintaining a high rate of speed mentally. Well that's my preferred explanation.

More specifically and truthfully, I grew up in Indian country (read "the Rez") in the USA, northwest corner to be exact. Up in the Great State of Washington there are a number of high country valleys which carry tremendously musical Native American names such as the Chillowist, the Chewilliken, the Similkameen, the Sinlahekin. This is my homeland. Note the first two names; sound familiar? Spent a lot of time combing those valleys in the winter time on cross-country skis. Had one particular incident with a girlfriend (and she was a fine one) on skis up in the Chillowist-- fell into a snowbank and amorous adventures ensued... unfortunately the ambient temperature had a deleterious effect on performance. Well, I guess them's the Blues. So she gave me the name. Somehow it all fit at the time.

Blues brothers and sisters, feel no fret (no pun intended) I made up for it later. Unfortunately the name stuck so what're ya gonna do?

Was hoping I'd never have to explain that. Badfinger, you owe me one.

Chilly
chillywilly
Regular

Postby badfinger » Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:54 am

Willy,
I'm honoured.

bf
badfinger
Regular

Postby dcblues » Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:56 pm

> Derivation of the ChillyWilly moniker is a complicated subject
>having to do with my given name William associated with
>my propensity to exhibit relaxation in spite of going 100
>mph internally , remaining cool and unruffled on the surface,
>sometimes known in these parts as "kickin' back" or "Chillin'"

And all of this time I kept picturing you as a cartoon penguin. :) Welcome back!
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chillywilly » Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:11 am

Hey DC, sometimes it feels like I AM a cartoon penguin- just flockin' around on the floe. ;-)

-Chilly
chillywilly
Regular

Return to A Bit About You