RE: Hey to all

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Postby blueswriter » Wed May 01, 2002 1:11 am

Welcome aboard Bluestunes...

Did ya by any chance work for the Wal-Mart corporation? I think everyone who lived or lives in Bentonville has a background with Sam's company. Don't be shy with questions or thoughts around here. One of the great things is that everyone's willing to jump in with comments on such a wide variety of subjects. There's truth to the rumor that a certain amount of knowledge resides here (along with those poor souls among us who are "normal") and it's evident in the great topics and discussions.

Blueswriter

"I'maseventhsonofaseventhsonbawnwithcauloverboth
eyesandraisedonblackcatboneshighjohntheconqueror
andgreasygreens-" boasted the red-eyed Negro who pushes his cart in the ninth chapter of Ralph Ellison's "Invisible Man" (Random House, 1947; Victor Gollancz, 1953). The stream of jives slows and the tough little character introduces himself: 'My name is Peter Wheatstraw, zI'm the Devil's only son-in-law, so roll 'em!" ...He may possibly have known the blues singer Peetie Wheatstraw also."
(Paul Oliver's "Blues Off The Record")
blueswriter
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chillywilly » Wed May 01, 2002 3:43 am

Hey there Bluetunes,
sounds to me like you know plenty about the blues, in fact seems like you're well-steeped in 'em. Don't hesitate to jump in here, there's lots of good folks who I personally have learned heaps from. Nothing but good folks here, no flamers or so-called "experts" who can't back it up. Even though their profiles all say "normal" they definitely aren't. btw, don't be misled by Blueswriter saying he's normal in terms of blues knowledge... search on his postings-- you'll see what I mean.

Come on up to the house,
Chilly
chillywilly
Regular

Postby mikedev » Wed May 01, 2002 5:23 am

And welcome from the other side of the Atlantic.

Don't be frightened to ask questions around here, no one will think any the worse of you whatever it may be. Same goes for diving in and offering an opinion. It's yours and you're entitled to it, some may not agree, but it may well make someone else think aand cahnge their mind.

Enjoy yourself.
mikedev
Regular

Postby rwlyo » Wed May 01, 2002 11:06 am

Bluetone,
Welcome! Poke around the different posts (old and new), for a great time. Don't hesitate to post a question or a reply. Nothing but good vibes here!

ardubya

"top of the world one minute, haunted by meagers the next"
rwlyo
Regular

Postby badfinger » Wed May 01, 2002 11:56 am

Hi, Bluetone, welcome to the asylum, where the latest craze is collecting (wait for it) "Blooooo Beeecons" (They don't have to flash, but you get two points extra if they do).

Hey, Mike, it's not "The Other Side Of The Atlantic", it's "THIS Side"!

bf
badfinger
Regular

Postby ricochet » Wed May 01, 2002 5:26 pm

Hi, Bluetone!

Nope, nobody in here that isn't normal. At least, by our standards. :-)
ricochet
Regular

Return to A Bit About You