Hi All...

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

RE: Hi All...

Postby dougtheslug » Thu Apr 25, 2002 10:09 pm

Now Ric,

Wasn't that close to the (knuckle)bone? Besides, I think bf does it right with his pinky!! Who in your job uses the pinky???

dougtheslug
dougtheslug
Regular

Postby badfinger » Thu Apr 25, 2002 10:17 pm

I remain aloof!
badfinger
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Apr 26, 2002 2:36 am

I save the pinky for rare special occasions at work, Doug. I have trouble finding both slides and gloves big enough for my fingers and hands. My guitar teacher uses slides on his ring finger that I can barely jam on my pinky. Bottlenecks are usually tight on it. Occasionally in work situations a big digit just won't do. That's when the pinky gets pressed into service.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby diamond » Fri Apr 26, 2002 7:30 am

Ric, digits the size of sausages can be a pain [in the butt??].
I make a "blue - bottle" slide which has a larger inner diameter than a normal bottleneck [it's a British Sherry bottle - ask bf about it - he has one in his collection] Check it out on my web - site [ the address is on my header]. Happy Slidin!
diamond
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Apr 26, 2002 7:06 pm

Nice work, Diamond!

Lately I've gotten lazy and used Jim Dunlop brass and Pyrex slides, but probably my all-time favorite was a blue Harvey's Bristol Cream sherry bottleneck with both ends cut off. Turned one way, it was just right for the pinky, turned the other way perfect for my ring finger. Actually, I still use it occasionally, but I dropped it, it cracked, and will shortly fall apart in use. I need to find another of those bottles. I'm pretty sure my Mom's got another one or two; she uses that stuff to make fruitcakes! :-)
ricochet
Regular

Postby diamond » Sun Apr 28, 2002 9:03 am

Hi Ric,
Yep, that's the correct "blue - bottle", if you can get hold of an older bottle, say twenty or so years old, the glass is much thicker than modern bottles.
D.
diamond
Regular

Previous

Return to A Bit About You