RE: I'm another New Guy

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Postby badfinger » Sun Mar 03, 2002 2:22 pm

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-02 AT 09:24 AM (CST)[/font][p]That old, huh? Never mind, welcome to the ride!
Badfinger

ps: tele, caster, amp...? are these communication devices?
badfinger
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sun Mar 03, 2002 9:37 pm

Be nice now, Badfinger! ;-)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby badfinger » Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:47 am

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-02 AT 09:48 PM (CST)[/font][p]I'm always nice, Ric, especially now I got me some hollow balls.

btw - do you make a rock slide with a chisel - or dynamite?
badfinger
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:07 am

I guess you'll be more careful with that lathe now, huh, Finger? :-)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

RE: Just joined!

Postby rwlyo » Fri Apr 26, 2002 4:54 pm

Welcome strat amd lefty!
Don't pay no nevermind to badfinger's welcome. Even tho I'm fairly new here, I've learned that his bark is worse than his bite. But if he does happen to bite ya, it's important to get the wound cleaned quickly! There's a reason for his name. We're not sure where it's been!!! (just kidding bf ;-))

ardubya

"top of the world one minute, haunted by meagers the next"
rwlyo
Regular

Postby badfinger » Fri Apr 26, 2002 10:50 pm

Barking? Biting? Actually, ric will possibly confirm that the human bite is one of the most toxic you're likely to encounter in urban and suburban life.
All I did was say 'hello'. I'll say it again:

Hi, strat & lefty - welcome to the best forum on the net (if you can stand the new flashing lights... once was you could see a new post at a glance, now they all seem to have flames sprouting from them - what's up, Doc? And I have to close my eyes when the page changes to avoid instant migraine (or even epileptic seizures - it flashes, man!)
But it sure is faster - and still the best on the net!
bf
badfinger
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:39 pm

You're right about the human bites. Nasty germs in our mouths! More than one index finger or whole hand has been lost when some guy punched another in the mouth, getting a tooth puncture in the knuckle joint in the process.

Hey, I'm trying a new browser, Mozilla, which is the open-source successor to Netscape. Sort of the Linux or Darwin of browsers. Netscape 6 is a derivative of an earlier open Mozilla version, but it's come a long way since then! It's in its last round of beta testing prior to a 1.0 release, and I think it's already much more stable, better working and prettier than either Internet Explorer or Netscape. Check it out at: http://mozilla.org/

The Doc's pages look really good in it, and I'm not getting that epilepsy-inducing flashing that Bill Gates' finest (hah!) gave. Works faster on my Mac box, too. And if you find a bug, you can use the included tools to work out a fix yourself and send it back to them for possible inclusion in a future release. :D
ricochet
Regular

Postby badfinger » Sat Apr 27, 2002 5:36 pm

Hi, ric - were you getting those flashes too?
badfinger
Regular

Postby dougtheslug » Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:45 pm

So Bad,

How did you get those hollow balls? And does the flashing light business coincide with any PAIN!!

doug
dougtheslug
Regular

Postby badfinger » Sat Apr 27, 2002 10:03 pm

I haven't the foggiest idea - though I remember someone saying something about spinning brass or copper or something to make hollow balls... That post is pretty old, and i've had a sleep or two since then. Yeah! Painful! Right between the eyes!
Doug, I was telling Papa George ( a Brit blues person: http://www.papageorge.co.uk/) about the side-ported reso - he thinks it's a great idea, and should be patented and commercially exploited!

Hey, why is everyone ignoring 'lefty'? I'm gonna go to his message and say hello - you see, I can be nice!

bf
badfinger
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:29 pm

I posted up a link to a page on spinning hollow copper balls, which I thought would be interesting as resonator cones are spun much the same way.

Ignoring Lefty?! We wouldn't want to do that! Hi, Lefty! :-)
ricochet
Regular

Return to A Bit About You