funk on with the groovieness,lets jam

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

funk on with the groovieness,lets jam

Postby bottleneck » Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:19 am

hey peopleses,the diros said to do this,but i see there aren't many responses.i'll do it anyway.been playing slide about 21 years and harp for a few more than that.i sing and play with an electric band ( http://www.geocities.com/broadstboogie )on the weekends and play solo or in duo situations during the week.i collect vintage harp mics and have several hundred pounds of them.i'm crazy for britbikes but mainly i'm guitar crazy.here's what you want to hear:'38 duolian,KAY RESO CONVERSION,40's favilla parlor,telecaster,guild hollow body,'59 bassman RI,pro junior,jt30,t3 with shure CR,520,ev 605,630 etc. etc.i have a bit more guitars and mics ,but they're the main ones i use live.i love vintage dano amps.WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE DAN LANGE IN SAN FRAN !!!!!!!!!!
bottleneck
Regular

RE: funk on with the groovieness,lets jam

Postby slidnslim » Sat Dec 22, 2001 1:48 am

Welcome bottleneck good to have you here, thats some impressive gear you got, Kay reso conversion! explain to us about this fella! Slim
slidnslim
Regular

Postby bottleneck » Sat Dec 22, 2001 8:25 am

you may be sorry you asked !it's a jumbo sized kay ,covered on the top and headstock with mother of toilet seat from a '60's drum kit.chrome coverplate,'27 style o biscuit,good intonation,as compared with my national.it's louder than most wood bodies,probably because of the big lower bout(i love a big lower bout he heh)and jumbo size.allan lummox played it once and smoked the thang.as far as my equipment being impressive,it's just age.i'm 39 and have been playing since i was a teen.it took a long time to get what i have,because i'm one of the cheapest people in the world.my national cost $40 dollars and my favilla cost 9 dollars and fifty cents.thanks for the welcome BTW
bottleneck
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Mon Dec 24, 2001 3:32 am

Yea, that Dan Lange is just the greatest...
good lookin', too....
Actually, the recent BSBB CD, Death Guitars etc. etc. kicks fair butt.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bottleneck » Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:20 am

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-02 AT 04:25 AM (CST)[/font][p]>Yea, that Dan Lange is just
>the greatest...
>good lookin', too....
> hey,here's funky news brothers and sisters of groove,i hear world famous DAN LANGE(the one in san fran,not the music teacher in seattle) has a web site now.any body have a link? here's a link to an article on me. http://www.artsightsmagazine.com just click on broad st boogie.
bottleneck
Regular

Postby bottleneck » Sun Mar 17, 2002 4:48 am

i dig,groove man.yeah,when i play solo gigs i sing and play harp in a rack.i also sit when i do solo shows and keep rhythym with my feet.WITH THAT SAID,there are quite a lot of high paying restaraunt gigs out there for solo guitar with no vocals.or i guess i should say instrumental gigs.especially if you are willing to be background music,which is hard to get used to ,but hey,it beats lifting boxes to get paid ,right?if you want to be more of a headliner type guy with instrumentals,it might be better to do lower paying 1 set shows,its harder to keep peoples interest as an instrumentalist.or you could get a nice looking female vocalist to do duos with you.AND WITH THAT SAID,why not develop your voice?? i used to be considered to be a lousy vocalist.now days i get some freelance work as a vocalist ,where i don't even play anything.a lot of people call me a singer(i don't myself,but my audience members don't know that)and love my vocals,but i'm telling you i used to really suck!if you've got the ear to play slide and tune your guitar,you can sing with a little practice,man!
bottleneck
Regular

Return to A Bit About You