a new guy on the scene.

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

a new guy on the scene.

Postby cam » Thu Nov 29, 2001 2:54 am

hey all,

im an 18 year old guy in central florida who picked up the blues a few years ago. my dad was into it a little in his younger days and a good friend of his' son is louisiana bluesman tab benoit (highly recommended i might add), i listened a bit to him and got hooked on blues.. was at walmart a couple years ago and saw a 3 cd pack of muddy waters - "im ready, live", bb king - how blue can you get, and john lee hooker - trouble blues.. for 10 bucks. i said what the hell and bought it. since then by blues collection has grown leaps and bounds. thanks to the internet ive had access to a lot of good stuff, just today i started hitting mp3.com looking for some good unknowns. thats how i found this site. ive dabbled in guitar but gave up on it.. bought a harp a while back and i like to jam along with muddy waters and others. anyway, thats me. glad to be here ;)
cam
Regular

RE: a new guy on the scene.

Postby srvlives » Thu Nov 29, 2001 10:03 am

Glad to have you here too cam, stick around, no pretensions or chest beating goes on here, just good knowledge from all over...

"I never practice, so I'm nothing like as good as I should be" BB King
srvlives
Regular

RE: a new guy on the scene.

Postby chillywilly » Sat Dec 01, 2001 3:50 am

Hey Cam, welcome to the board. Keep playing that harp but don't give up on the blues guitar, it'll come around to ya. If you are looking for some "good unknowns" suggest you go to the "What I'm listening to Today" thread here. It's the biggest one on the board. Good project for a long weekend. Check out any posts by HOWLNWOOF and plenty of others of his ilk.

Our man Woofy has got the straight skinny on just about any bluesman or blueswoman out there. If Woofy don't have it, it can't be had. Take dat to da bank.
rgds,
Chilly
chillywilly
Regular

Return to A Bit About You