Latin Soul, Blue Heart - SoCal

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Latin Soul, Blue Heart - SoCal

Postby miggs_malo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Good afternoon board, name's Miguel and I'm 25 years old. In my family there are no musicians at all, except for one. A great uncle of mind called Galileo who taught himself how to play a little drums and guitar or so my grandma tells me on my mother's side. There was never any musical training or any kind of music study in my house, unless you count singing to The Beatles, James and Little Richard in my living room as a kid :mrgreen: In my family things like music and sports were to be taken as hobbies while academics was the only thing that existed/mattered.

Didn't pick up my first instrument until I was 21 when I bought myself a set of bongos for $40 at the Guitar Center. I was hearing a lot of old Salsa at the time, finally last year I got myself a guitar. Been playing everyday for the last couple of months now. I have been writing for a few years now in Spanish back when I DJ'd parties. I can play a few songs but mostly have learned scales so I could play many Blues songs as quickly as possible. I've recently started using my ear a lot more since composing started being a part of the daily routine along with writing. I work with my brother who plays drums and a friend who's a pianist and plays the 1970 Hammond Organ I bought in late February. We've been rehearsing for the last two months or so and now I found this forum, which is awesome as it seems there is not only a wealth of information but also a great community of members, which I love in forums as I am a member of many. I go by the name of Miggs Malo, Miggs short for Miguel and Malo for Willie Colon & Hector Lavoe as they were called Los Malos de la Salsa/Bad Guys of Salsa.
miggs_malo
Regular

Return to A Bit About You