Greetings from Boston

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Greetings from Boston

Postby Jakeblues » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Like many my age, I first heard the blues "second hand" from Eric Clapton, Duane Allman, Johnny Winter, etc., then got a little closer to the source from musicians like Muddy Waters, James Cotton, Elmore James, Buddy Guy and the like. Many moons ago, used to play in many of New England's most questionable establishments, but got away from "playing out" when it got to be too much work and too little fun.

I had gotten away from music entirely for quite a while, but have been drawn back into it, particularly acoustic blues, and resonator guitar in particuar. I started playing squareneck last summer and am back and forth between square and roundneck. I stumbled on this forum searching for a source for decent slides and it seems like a nice community. I'm hoping to have more time to play and visit here once I finish school up this year.

As for the screen name, I'm a career Firefighter (A "Jake", here i New England) and not that I have any particular affinity for the late John Belushi's character in the Blues Brothers.
Jakeblues
Regular

Return to A Bit About You