introduction

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

introduction

Postby bassharmonica » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:00 pm

I am new to this forum so I will introduce myself. I play all of the harmonicas but am primarily a chromatic and bass harmonica player. When I play the diatonic I usually play bluegrass or country and sometimes like to dabble with big band music.
I read music and play by ear. I was a french horn major and write arrangements for the local harmonica club and the Virginia Harmonichords.
I play bass harmonica and switch off to the chromatic or chord harmonica with the Virginia Harmonichords.
I am also the organizer of the Virginia Harmonicafest each year and have been doing this for 15 years. If any one would like a flier for this year's festival email me at harpplayer1@verizon.net (shameless plug).
This year the Cardinal State Harmonica Club will host the SPAH in August which I am also organizing.
I play several other instruments but no guitar. All of the brass, most of the woodwinds, upright bass, psaltry, saw, etc...
I work at Alpha Music in Virginia Beach doing guitar and PA amplifier repair. I repair electronic music equipment of all types.
bassharmonica
Regular

Return to A Bit About You