Becoming an un-lurker

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Becoming an un-lurker

Postby elderdawg » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Hello,

I have been lurking here for a few years and have decided to come out of the shadows. Been playing acoustic fingerstyle guitar for about 40 years. Played electric bass in a Southern rock band during the eighties. Hung that up in 1990 as I was turning 43. Those late hours were starting to get to me. Have always loved playing 12 bar on my bass, and a little on the guitar, Etta Baker style.

Bought a Regal Duolian RC-1 about 5 years ago to try Delta open D slide. Just couldn't get comfortable with a slide on, so it has been neglected. Then this winter it happened. I bought a squareneck reso, and got hooked on that way of playing. Put an extender nut on the Regal and now wail away on it in my lap.

Slide On,
elderdawg
Last edited by elderdawg on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elderdawg
Regular

Re: Becoming an un-lurker

Postby jeffl » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Welcome to the mess Dawg. Elder or not, newbies bring the beer! I know whacha mean about handlin' the hours.. I'm good for one day in a row. :D
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to A Bit About You