Hello from Amused

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hello from Amused

Postby Amused » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:30 pm

hi, I'm Amused.
I'm from Poland, some of you might know me from IORR, the Rolling Stones forum. anyone from there? it's a great place ;^)

so, anyway... by tracing the inspirations and idols of the Stones I started listening to the blues about three years ago and now I ritually listen to an album a day ;^)
I love delta blues of the 20s and 30s, those cats could play... Chicago in the late 50s and early 60s... UK in the late 60s.
I don't fancy modern day blues... there are some good bands but not too many of them, unfortunately!
I kinda live in the past.

here are some of my favorites, erm...
Blind Willie Johnson... great slide & howl.. Son House, Bukka White, Clifford Gibson from the early era...
Memphis Slim, Pinetop Perkins, Otis Spann, Fats Domino... those rocked the piano!
Muddy Waters has to be my favorite bluesman ever! that guitar... voice... lyrics... hey Willie Dixon was one of the coolest, too.
Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker... Hound Dog Taylor...! could go on forever.

I don't like "crying" guitars like Clapton's late career, Otis Rush or many Albert King ones. I don't think that this is really heartbreaking...

of British bands I love Canned Heat, the Stones & the Animals, early Fleetwood Mac, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Clapton's Derek & the Dominos, Allman Brothers Band... evern Grateful Dead... too many to name. blues was reborn in the London delta!

there's nothing like 30s blues, though. magic.
see me on http://www.last.fm/user/Fipaj and http://rateyourmusic.com/~AmusedMonkey

cheers!
Amused
Regular

Re: Hello from Amused

Postby ricochet » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:43 pm

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:43 am

Hey Bro, welcome aboard!
I dig Muddy as my spirit guide as well. :D
But I got to let you know, American bands sing in English, but are not British. :|
Just as we both know, Ten Polski społeczeństwo nie są Rosjanin. :wink:
Bill
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:15 am

Canned Heat, Allmans and Grateful Dead are American
But good blues is good blues
goldbrick
Regular

Return to A Bit About You