Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Postby Kendall Techau » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:53 am

Hello everybody. What a great site this is. I just stumbled on it afew days ago. My wife and I live in N.E. Iowa. I'm 58 years old and have been playing Bass since I was 20. I love all styles of Blues and old Stax and old R&B. I play a 1965 P-Bass which I've had since the late 70's. I also have a Fender"Victor Bailey" acoustic/electric and a older Godin A4. I'm looking at the new Gold Tone PBB acoustic/electric resinator Bass. Regards.
Kendall Techau
Regular

Re: newbie

Postby ricochet » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:34 am

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Welcome aboard, Kendall. I'm a harper from jus' nort' of ya'... up in Rochester, Mn. Same age.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricbleu » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:58 am

Hi people - I too have just stumbled onto this forum and I love the way it seems so friendly and co-operative. I'm a newbie here but a bit of an oldie in life being born in 1948. I live in Dunedin, New Zealand. I came to the blues pretty soon after getting started on music when I played harp and vocals in the usual raw high school garage band. At the time the British blues boom was just getting started so my earliest role models were Eric Clapton and Peter Green before I found my way back through Buddy, BB and then all the way back to the real Delta roots. And thing is, I've never tired of the blues. Where most other musos I knew with went on to harder rock or jazz, I knew I'd found a musical home. I played strictly electric lead & harp in those days but now it's acoustic as well and a really recent discovery of lap steel. I made an electric lappy and converted a broken down Harmony flat top into a resonator with all the metal bits beaten out of aluminum sheet which gives it a unique banjo-ey tone and which I also play lap style. I'm really glad I found this forum - there is always so much to learn. Thank you. Rick.
ricbleu
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:52 pm

Welcome to you, too!
ricochet
Regular

Return to A Bit About You