Just to say howdy

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Just to say howdy

Postby felixq78 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:56 am

I've been a member for some time but haven't been posting at all.
Blues is my favourite Genre but I like Country and Rock as well. Let's face it most contemporary music is based on blues so it's not very hard to adapt one's playing style if it's necessary.
Been playing since 1966 but I'm very lazy, I should be a lot better than what I am for all the years under my belt.
I prefer Chicago electric blues but will at times drift across to the harder Led Zep style of playing.
I use a '56 Goldtop as well as a 2005 Mexican Tele fitted with a pair of Brierley Custom pickups. I've also just acquired a G&L ASAT Commemorative edition (S/N #17) only 350 manufactured which is a beautiful axe, a flash Tele I guess, maple neck, gold hardware, everything is bound.
What cracks me up is that the $700 Mexican Tele with a pair of Brierley $80 pups sounds just as good as the $4900 G&L ASAT.
Of course the G&L has the feel and appearance of a $5000 axe and is certainly worth every cent of the price I paid.
I also have a 1983 K_Yairi dreadnought acoustic and a Livingstone acoustic/electric SC Dreadnought.(Aldi special)
Amps are: Marshall JTM30 (2x10) which has been modified to keep it cool by adding a bias pot.
Peavey Classic 20 stock standard all tube, a great little amp.
These two go together well in a stereo rig especially when using the GSharp time based effects (some great sweeping swirling tones)
TC Electronic rack mounted G Sharp effects unit.
Ernie Ball Wah wah.
Roland ME-30 which I hardly ever use.
Roland E-15 Synthesiser.
felixq78
Regular

Re: Just to say howdy

Postby ricochet » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:23 am

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Re: Just to say howdy

Postby jeffl » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:39 pm

Welcome to the pile Felix. Newbies bring the beer. :)
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to A Bit About You