Howdy

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Howdy

Postby Cincinnati Slim » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi all,

My name is KC Elstun, and I played professionally in the midwest USA for almost twenty years as Cincinnati Slim. I am a blues harmonica player/singer, currently expatriated and living in France. I retired from the music business in 1997, however I took up bottleneck guitar a few years ago. I am planning on playing a few shows here and there in the near future. Happy to be here.
Cincinnati Slim
Regular

Re: Howdy

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Hey Slim! You found yourself a new home in Europe, can you tell us the difference as you've seen it? I'd like to know.
Bill
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Postby Cincinnati Slim » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Buffalo_Bill wrote:Hey Slim! You found yourself a new home in Europe, can you tell us the difference as you've seen it? I'd like to know.
Bill

Hi, Bill. Wow... I am not sure where to start with that one. Do you mean musically? Culturally? Politically? Spiritually? (We better stay away from those last two!)

In a nutshell (and remember, I live in France... I cannot comment on life in Italy, The Netherlands, or the rest of Europe, which is composed of completely different cultures), living here is a bit like drinking Pastis; some people hate it, and some people thank God every day for the good fortune to drink it! For me, France has always been hand-in-glove.
Cincinnati Slim
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:35 pm

VERY Funny - last time I was in France, my brother in law and I drank WAY too much Pastis. I guess that makes us Francophiles.

Well, OK, so does the fact that I love the food, the wine, the countryside - and women with perfect posture.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bruneau » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi Cincinnati Slim, welcome
just read your post and the fact that you're living in France and planning shows with your bottleneckguitarplaying interest me very much.
Because i live in Belgium and have a nice place where i'm doing exihibitions and music performances. Please let me know if your interested in comming to Antwerp and play some of your music.
bruneau
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Cincinnati Slim » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:35 pm

bruneau wrote:Hi Cincinnati Slim, welcome
just read your post and the fact that you're living in France and planning shows with your bottleneckguitarplaying interest me very much.
Because i live in Belgium and have a nice place where i'm doing exihibitions and music performances. Please let me know if your interested in comming to Antwerp and play some of your music.

Thanks for the invite. Right now I am only planning to do a couple of shows locally; a musical back-up gig for a local writer who will read exerpts from her materiel, and two gigs for Le Fête de la Musique in June. This may change in the future, depending on demand. Why don't you email me: kc.elstun@gmail.com

Also, here is a video from last June. It was a farewell party in the USA, 1 week before I left for France. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL5pkK4pCvg
Cincinnati Slim
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Welcome to the pile Slim! I'm a harper from tropical southeast Minnesota. Lov that clip. You got the blues bad son. Best wishes.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to A Bit About You