hello...

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

hello...

Postby Blindboy Gumbo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:10 pm

hello there,i was given the link to this very cool site a couple of weeks ago and have had a bit of a look around.Its very cool indeed
    So a bit about me? erm...ive always been a big fan of blues and esp slide guitar,i play gigs fairly regular and even dip my toes into online streaming gigs too,tho my sound leans more on a rock type edge rather than a straight blues thing...altho as im getting older,the blues side of me is slowly comin on stronger! odd that :D
    and i spose the best way to introduce myself would be by giving ya all a chance to see/hear me...so heres a vid i made,and since this was recorded ive finally took the plunge an bought a Resonator (left handed ones are a bugger to find) ,and wow it makes all the differance
Blindboy Gumbo
Regular

Re: hello...

Postby allanlummox » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey - I know you from Second Life, yea?

Welcome to the Big Road!
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:54 pm

I found your Myspace page, new boys get the drinks in but warn the Americans about Newkie Brown before you serve it to them.

Resonators - Michael Messer Forum is useful if you want info, we just had the Slide Festival in Atherstone at the weekend, Messer headlined it. Good time had by all. I don't have her phone no. though :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Hey, welcome aboard Lee. I like yer playin', and I really like your vocal tone. BTW, you look a helluva lot like Spider John Koerner when he was your age. If you don't know of Spider John, check out http://www.mwt.net/~koerner FYI, the "..Scholar" coffeehouse is where I ran into Spider John and one of his buddies Tony Glover, who was the guy who got me really goin' on harp when I was in high school. Tony was mentored by Sonny Terry, and studied Sonny Boy Williamson. I've always been a little proud of the fact that I've got a direct line to those two, and my playin' can still reflect that.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:06 am

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Blindboy Gumbo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Hello back and thnx for the kind words guys :D
Blindboy Gumbo
Regular

Postby stumblin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Your part of the world seems to be a fertile breeding ground for slide guitarists!
Welcome aboard.
stumblin
Regular

Postby bruneau » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:39 am

Nice guitarplaying
Welcome to THE BIG ROAD
Enjoy your stay here, it's a nice place.
They're only good people here, except me... and all the others ...
lol
bruneau
Contributor
Contributor

Return to A Bit About You