Another brief introduction.

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Another brief introduction.

Postby frankdapope » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:34 am

Hi There. After reading a lot of posts in this forum for over a year now I thought it was a good time to join up. I would like to thank all of you for quite a lot of good and valuable information that I've learned and a lot of entertaining laughs from a lot of your posts. Name's Gary. Been playing long enough that I should be a lot better than I am. I play out now and then (not really professionally, but I'll take tips, free beer or free food if I can get it.) Mostly house parties,coffee houses,that kind of thing. I am hoping to get squatters rights to a corner in a town close to where I live for their Saturday farmers market thing next spring. I've got five wooden acoustics. a Republic Resiolian.......and one electric that I hardly ever play. I've always loved blues but I try not to place myself in a nitch so I play a varity of styles. Gotta at least try to please everyone in the audience a little bit you know. I do all covers because writing lyrics just don't seem to be one of my strong points. I can sit at the table till I'm three sheets in the wind and by the next morning realize that " Oh Baby Oh Baby" is all that I've come up with. Major music influences are Tom Waits, old Rolling Stones John Hammond Jr. Van Morrison and the like. Well this is getting a tad long so thanks again for letting me in. I'm looking forward to being part of the group.
frankdapope
Regular

Re: Another brief introduction.

Postby ricochet » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:36 am

Welcome, Gary!
ricochet
Regular

Return to A Bit About You