Where are you from?

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Re: Where are you from?

Postby monsterjones » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:44 pm

Originaly born in Port Arthur Texas...literally down the street from Janis Joplin.
Now I live in Austin Texas...spent MANY nigts at Antones and other blues clubs in the 70-80s.
Learned alot too. as a guitar player......great radio station here that supports blues KUT-FM 90.5
Used to see the Jimmy vaughan and the Thunderbirds open for Muddy at Antones and a big list of Blues who's who at Antones.
I had a band with harmonica player Paul Orta in the late 70-80's....played Chicago blues.
Then joined with my wife's band ..Kathy and the Kilowatts...played for 20 years around here and am now taking a break.....but we are writing new blues songs too.
Thanks
-Bill Jones
monsterjones
Regular

Postby monsterjones » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 pm

MakaInOz wrote:And at the opposite end of the earth......

Canberra, Australia.

38C (100F) yesterday, the same today. But we've been 5C cooler than Adelaide and Melbourne! 43C is getting a bit warm.

Heard of Kate Meehan?..Super blues belter..she knows us and has recorded many of our songs.
-Bill
monsterjones
Regular

Postby MakaInOz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:28 am

Bill,
Everybody knows Kate! She's an Australian Blues treasure. She'll be at the Australian Blues festival in Goulburn (again - she goes most years) in mid Feb. I'll be there too (purely as an audience member).
MakaInOz
Regular

Postby monsterjones » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:49 pm

MakaInOz wrote:Bill,
Everybody knows Kate! She's an Australian Blues treasure. She'll be at the Australian Blues festival in Goulburn (again - she goes most years) in mid Feb. I'll be there too (purely as an audience member).

Small world!
If you see her tell her Monsterjones and Kathy from Texas say howdy!
I was listening to her recent CD today....always love her music.
-Bill
monsterjones
Regular

Previous

Return to A Bit About You