geezer newbie ... how's that for oxymoron?

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

geezer newbie ... how's that for oxymoron?

Postby chinrest » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:15 pm

howdy --

I'm a 64 year old acoustic blues guitar wannabee; hoping some of you folks will have suggestions about how to tread the path effectively; at my age, don't want to make too many time wasting missteps :D

I've been a blues, country, soul etc. singer and devotee since my late teens; learned most of what I know from listening to Ray Charles, Muddy Waters, Little Richard, Otis Redding and a slew of other heroes of the mid twentieth century. started playing fiddle about five years ago in hopes of doing blues on it; still working on it and having some success :blink:

Also love motorcycles, metal art, and gardening. Happy to have found you folks. Again, hope there'll be some words of wisdom about how to get started. :?: thanks
chinrest
Regular

Re: geezer newbie ... how's that for oxymoron?

Postby ricochet » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:18 pm

Welcome!

Best advice I can give is to listen to lots of stuff you like, and sit around trying to play what you hear. If you have nearby friends you can get together with who share your musical interests, it'll really help to keep you energized.
ricochet
Regular

Re: geezer newbie ... how's that for oxymoron?

Postby tinsmith » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:48 pm

Yes...welcome....Just keep playin' & keep pickin'.......all of a sudden, you'll be the master of your instrument.
tinsmith
Regular

Return to A Bit About You