Hello everyone

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hello everyone

Postby Spudcamp » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a great holiday season.
Just wanted to say a quick hello, and introduce myself. I was member years and years ago, and I am excited to be back here. I recognize a few names, but it seems like a lot of the old timers aren't around...??? Anyway, Im just your average blues fan, who loves the old Delta type stuff. My favorites are Son House, Johnny Shines, Honey Boy, Big Joe Williams...and I love the Boogie Man. Im not much of a blues guitarist, but I do tinker with some bottle necking. I mostly just sit around and make noise that means something to me if that makes any sense.... Well its great to be here, and I look forward to some great conversations. Best wishes to all.
Spudcamp
Regular

Re: Hello everyone

Postby ricochet » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Welcome back!
ricochet
Regular

Postby maxx england » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Glad to see you back, a couple of the boys have Gone On, others have wandered off to other pastures. You moved somewhere nice and scenic, still there?
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Spudcamp » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:48 am

MAXX!!! great to hear from you again, Yeah Im still here, and still glad to be back around family (most the time LOL). You still racing????
Spudcamp
Regular

Postby bosco » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:58 pm

I'm one of the boys that wandered off...

Thanks for the bump Spud, I needed to check in here.

Merry Christmas my brothers!

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Still racing. Running my own bike/team (if I can get a co-rider) next year. I can't remember if you left here before of after May 2006, but I broke my leg badly (got an iron bar in there now) and I lost my job and haven't worked since. But "don't cry for me, Argentina", the much derided welfare state here has kept me fed, clothed, housed, so life has actually been better since I don't have to deal with joyless fellow employees and employers.

Plus I get to do a few hours a week on a community music scheme, I can go to Swanage for the Blues Festival twice a year and not have to worry about being back on a Monday, and I don't need to book holiday dates before anyone else does.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:22 pm

And welcome home Bosco, too.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Spudcamp » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:36 am

Thats great Maxx, so glad to hear everything is going good for you.

And Bosco, its so good to hear from you man.

Its good to be back among some old freinds again, its been too long. See you all on the inside :wink:
Spudcamp
Regular

Return to A Bit About You