Howdee...

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Howdee...

Postby Blind Doc Jones » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:10 am

Hi everyone. This is a good forum.

I play guitar, bass and keys. I've been a blues fan most of my life, even before I knew what blues was. I played bass guitar in a blues band years ago; never understood why they would give me money for something I would do for free.

I doesn't seem blues is as popular or mainstream as it was not that long ago. Maybe the folks just don't get it. Or maybe young people are already so inundated with sound that real music is falling on deaf ears. I would like to part of something that turns that around. I would like everyone to enjoy blues.

Anyway, it is good to be here!
Blind Doc Jones
Regular

Re: Howdee...

Postby birddog » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Welcome
I feel the same way Doc, however in my area I think there is a bit of a resurgence in Blues.
The city of Lansing puts on 2 free blues festivals of sorts each year. One has been running for over 15 years and the other has been going over 4 years.
I think a lot of baby boomers may be the reason.
I enjoy it here.

Wally
birddog
Regular

Postby Blind Doc Jones » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:48 am

It is good to hear that is happening in Lansing. Maybe I should move there.
Blind Doc Jones
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:30 am

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Return to A Bit About You