Albert king VS. B.B. King?

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Re: Albert king VS. B.B. King?

Postby ricochet » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:18 pm

If by "Memphis BBQ" you mean that roasted meat with orange powder on it, I can live without it just fine.
ricochet
Regular

Postby texas blues » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:48 pm

C'mon now Rico...what's your favorite Tennessee bbq. Being a Texican and all, I'm partial to brisket but I love me some North Carolina baby backs and pulled pork.
texas blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:38 pm

The best barbeque in the world, unquestionably, is from the Ridgewood Barbecue on the Old Elizabethton Highway between Bluff City and Elizabethton.

And actually, I'm happy with Texas brisket, North Carolina pulled pork and baby back ribs, and I can even eat that Rendezvous-invented dry orange powdered stuff, but it's not real barbeque, it's just cooked meat.
ricochet
Regular

Postby texas blues » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:52 pm

Got that roadhouse joint mojo look goin' on. Kind of joint you're on the road, stop in for a bit of que, and hear some cat wailin' on some blues on a little side stage. Blues and bbq. Don't get much better than that.
texas blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:26 pm

This one's where you've got to be looking for it, you won't just run across it nowadays. And it's been run since 1947, I think, by East Tennessee white folks with no music stage, but they do play some good old bluegrass, old time and old country music overhead. They close early, so no night life. Last summer, some famous studly cooking show star (from Australia, maybe?) came with a camera crew to do a segment on the Ridgewood for his show, but they got there at closing and weren't allowed in. They don't need or care about publicity. Here's where the BBQ cooking's done:

Looks like I left my car door open.
ricochet
Regular

Previous

Return to Talking Blues