Long John Baldry & boogie woogie

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Long John Baldry & boogie woogie

Postby bohawg » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:02 am

Around 1973 I heard a song by Long John Baldry that started off with a discussion between some poor bloke and a Judge about something called "boogie woogie" music. It had an incredible beginning and was a fine tune. I can not find it anywhere.
I have found somethin' like "Ain't gonna put no boogie woogie on the King of RocknRoll" by Baldry and bought it, but it is not the one I am seeking. Does anyone out there know this other particular song, where I can find it or what album it is on? I have searched for it for nearly 30 years now. thanks, Bohawg
bohawg
Regular

RE: Long John Baldry & boogie woogie

Postby underdog » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:04 pm

Did you ever find the version you were looking for with the dialogue that precedes the tune by Baldry's boogie woogie. I have also been searching for that particular version that was popular in the 70's.
underdog
Regular

RE: Long John Baldry & boogie woogie

Postby nizer » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:49 pm

The LP was called "It Ain't Easy" and was released in 1971 on Warner Brothers. The 3:15 talking intro by LJB is called "Conditional Discharge" and is followed by "Don't Try To Lay No Boogie Woogie On The King Of Rock And Roll" - songwriting credit to "Thomas"(?). Album features Elton John and Ronnie Wood.

I have a CD from a second hand store put out by Line Music/Warner Germany but it isn't in their current catalog.

RIP LJB
nizer
Regular

Return to Talking Blues