For All Crumb Fans

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Re: For All Crumb Fans

Postby bruneau » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:43 pm

But EVERYBODY I know, knows R. Crumb. And Those who don't know him, I don't want to know. LoL
bruneau
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: For All Crumb Fans

Postby Waynecrazytrain » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:35 am

nizer wrote:>I wish more artists did work like this,
>creating art as a product accessible to the masses

Nice sentiment Bruneau. I don't know about Belgium, but over here "the masses" don't want art, they want mindless entertainment. It's like saying you wish more Blues artists would get themselves on commercial radio. As if. Maybe we should take this Way Off Topic...

As for R. Crumb, he saved my sanity. When I stumbled over Mr. Natural and Flakey Foont in a head shop, way up and gone in the woods of northern Ontario, I finally knew I wasn't alone. Ever see that great documentary of him and his brother? Wow - scary sh!t.

I saw that film as well... Love the part where he tells his Son, that he will kill him if he breaks his 78 records. I don't think is was jokeing
Waynecrazytrain
Regular

Re: For All Crumb Fans

Postby bruneau » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:03 am

i've always been a Crumb fan and one of the things I've still got to do in my life is to make an exhibition of the work of Crumb at my place in Antwerp (Belgium) I rent a big place that is suited for making exhibitions.
I already did some good things there.
He's now living in France. so to speak we're practiculy neighbours. i hope i can convince him to do a show at my place!

BTW guys who are interested to come play music at my place can contact me: bruneaupaint@hotmail.com

I'm still having fun in my life!
:twisted:
bruneau
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Talking Blues