Is she serious about blues..

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Is she serious about blues..

Postby birddog » Mon May 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Last nite the wife was watching Brett Micheals on "Clebrity Apprentice" and I was in the other room.
I heard some fantastic harp playing and wandered into a blues performance on the show. Never would have guessed, Cyndi Lauper playing blues.
The performance probably wouldn't have been all that great without that fantastic harp player. Never did see anything more than his forehead and eyes.
Someone said it was Charlie Musselwhite, sounded like it could have been.
A quick google this morning and I she has a release coming out Memphis Blues all covers. Said something about artists playing with her will include people like BB King and a tour.

Never liked her stuff before but admit I may have to give this a listen. :?

Wally
birddog
Regular

Re: Is she serious about blues..

Postby Sheraton » Mon May 24, 2010 1:42 pm

That's interesting thanks for the heads up....Reminds me of a couple of years ago when I saw Joan Armatrading expecting her to doing all her old stuff and most of her set was blues from her then latest album "Into the Blues"; can't see there being a massive market so I can only see that it is what the artist wants and feels they wish to from a purely musical perspective.
Sheraton
Regular

Re: Is she serious about blues..

Postby 1four5 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:33 pm

Saw it and LOVED is. She started cold, but towards the end, her voice was working, and the harp was fantastic through out. She's come a long ways from she-bop. She's also in pretty good shape for her age... bring it on Cyndi!
1four5
Regular

Return to Talking Blues