songs of how I met the blues greats

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

songs of how I met the blues greats

Postby watertore » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:47 am

Adam, who runs the MBH forum asked me to post some stories about being around the old blues guys. Well, I sing better than I talk. After I read his post, 3 times, the music called me. I recorded some stories about sonny terry, louisiana red, lightning hopkins, champion jack dupree, and the first bluesman that picked me up in his caddy as I blew my harp and delivered drugs in Newark for the mob, wilbert harrison. I am loading them as I type. I will post them as they get to soundclick. I hate having to wait the 5 minutes or so for each to load. It must be a meant to be be because each song came right out one after another and I am not having to hardly do but a few seconds of setting the levels to master them. Excuse any typos, I am on a run here.
Here is the first installment. I will do more when the spirit hits:

wilbert harrison picked me up on a street corner

how I met and moved in with louisiana red
how I first met lightning hoplkins
sitting on champion jack dupree's piano bench
a story about sonny terry
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: songs of how I met the blues greats

Postby jeffl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:45 pm

That was a good idea Walter. Before you die you gotta get your shit into the hands of somebody who will dig through it all and cherry pick the most interesting stuff and organize it. Now all you gotta do is figure out when you're gonna die. :lol: :lol:
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Talking Blues