Getting Born Again

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Getting Born Again

Postby jeffl » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Hallelujah! I think I'm converting my jam bunch into bluesmen! I've been playin' with these guys for almost 20 years, and we've always been total genre whores; we've played rock, folk/rock, Beatles, Talking Heads, Cars, Honky Tonk, old 40's classics.. on & on, but only about 20% blues & blues rock. I've always played alotta harp, so I wouldn't lead alotta tunes, but since I've been playin' alot more keyboards I've been able to get 'em into alotta blues. Last night I bet we played 90% blues. I just hogged the scene, throwin' piano blues out all night long and they had a blast. Nobody else was comin' up with tunes, so I jus' kept 'em comin'. I'm startin' to get some hope for my boys. :D
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Getting Born Again

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:30 am

Lead the flock, Moses! Has it only been 20 years?
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Postby jeffl » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:16 pm

Buffalo_Bill wrote:Lead the flock, Moses! Has it only been 20 years?
Pretty funny Buffalo Bill; Are you tellin' me that I'll never see the promised land...? :)
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:03 pm

congragulations! You sure earned the right to play the blues with that group! Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:00 pm

watertore wrote:congragulations! You sure earned the right to play the blues with that group! Walter
You'd have no interest in playin' with us Walter. I've spent my whole time with these brothers tryin' to push 'em to stay loose. I started callin' one of our guitarists "3:30", 'cuz everything he threw out there was a short cover tune, with no opportunities for improvisation or jammin'. It took him a while to figure out what 3:30 meant. :lol: We always have a great time, but we do have our "cover" nights. They are startin' to see the pure enjoyment in the blues though, thankfully.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Talking Blues