SRV vs Hendrix

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Re: SRV vs Hendrix

Postby Neal » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:50 pm

Thank the stars you've come to your senses! :!:

Oh, Mighty Mouse. As fast as he was, how would Superman hit him before he crawled up his leg and ripped his johnson off...
Neal
Regular

Postby ricochet » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:21 am

Or sank his rodent teeth into it...
ricochet
Regular

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:19 am

You're just a little off topic guys. :wha:

I think a better comparison would be SRV vs Winter. They were from the same town and employed the same bassist, Tommy Shannon, and probably other side men too.
I think Johnny Winter's lifetime achievement was his support of Muddy Waters during his last years. Those are the blues recordings I've been listening to for the last 2 decades, I just never get tired of them.
Bill
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Postby SBluesman » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Buffalo_Bill wrote:You're just a little off topic guys. :wha:

I think a better comparison would be SRV vs Winter. They were from the same town and employed the same bassist, Tommy Shannon, and probably other side men too.
I think Johnny Winter's lifetime achievement was his support of Muddy Waters during his last years. Those are the blues recordings I've been listening to for the last 2 decades, I just never get tired of them.
Bill

Agreed... I've been listening to Hard Again til the early morning a couple days a week for the past couple months. Some hot stuff.
SBluesman
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:05 am

I didn't know Might Mouse was gay! I shoulda known from the outfit. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby Neal » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:04 am

NEONMOONY wrote:

I didn't know Might Mouse was gay! I shoulda known from the outfit. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

I don't believe that sinking one's teeth into it is part of the lifestyle. I could be wrong.. no, on second thought, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's not.

And if you were a superhero, mouse-size, you'd have the same outfit! He's a manly mouse dammit!
Neal
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:16 am

I don't believe that sinking one's teeth into it is part of the lifestyle.
I don't know that MM actually would have done that but once a meatbiter always a meatbiter.

The Mighty Mouse-Superman debate makes much more sense than that other silly one.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby Les R Forgue » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:20 pm

While neither of them is exactly my cup of tea, I would say thet SRV was pretty good with playing his guitar, and Hendix was pretty good with playing his amplifier.
Les R Forgue
Regular

Previous

Return to Talking Blues