Anyone up for this challenge?

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Anyone up for this challenge?

Postby watertore » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi all: I just woke up and this thought went through my mind so I am going to run with it. It is something I have been struggling with for a couple years and the answer finally came. Here goes:

I have been at this music thing for about 35 years. It has had its ups and downs and this morning my soul finally accepted the part I can't do - promoting. I love playing to people, sharing stories/my music on the net, but I hate reaching out and trying to get gigs. I booked myself around the world for 20 odd years and was able to make a living off it. But I never liked it.

I have been steadily withdrawing from the live scene because of this. The older I get, the more painful booking/promoting myself has become. This morning I have turned the corner on this in my soul and instead of focusing on the downside of this part of playing, I have decided to start reaching out for someone who is inspired in this area. This is the last piece of the puzzle. I am a self contained 1 man band, have honed my recording skills to the point that NBC has been using my music for soundtracks on specials, and I am currently learning how to use the video camera in conjunction with the recording process.

I am the only person in the world doing what I do and is brand new ground in the music world. Like any new thing, the right promoter has to be in place to make it known. Curently I make my living teaching special education in the public schools. This job is great, but I am getting the drive to start playing gigs again. I am off all summer, have lots of breaks through the year.

I have lived my life spontaneously from childhood. It has been a great journey. There is a book waiting to be published on my life and a documentary is in the works. If my music and my approach to music and life is of interest, send me a message.

"Life is short - Dream Big!" - Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Talking Blues