If You Only Had One Guitsr

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

If You Only Had One Guitsr

Postby Slacker G » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:25 pm

Just curious.

Hard choices hit America. The new administration thinks we should all share. A new decree says you only need one guitar, so you have to give the rest away to people who don't have guitars.

What guitar will your keep, knowing that will be your only axe from now on? You are not bound by future pickup configurations or any other mods to your one guitar.

I would hate to see my Pauls and SG go (The SG is a 60's 3 pickup from back when they were called Les Paul customs} I wouldn't miss my Tele that much. Actually, I would miss them all, but that's not the point.Would you're choice be determined by $$$$ value or the playability?

I'd keep my favorite Strat. It has a super distortion in the bridge pickup and a varitone, so I can get both gritty and mellow sounds. It doesn't get the Gibson short scale sounds or the big box F Hole sounds, but it will cover most everything in a pinch. I already pretend miss them.
Slacker G
Regular

Re: If You Only Had One Guitsr

Postby allanlummox » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:15 pm

Easy choice - my National Delphi. It's the only guitar I've gigged with in years.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby texas blues » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:39 pm

That's a tough one. Should it come down to the apocolypse and there is no 'lectricity.....I'm with Dan and stick with my Delphi. If power is not an issue, then I keep the R4 Goldtop. No wait...they can have all my Les Pauls and V's........when they pry them from my cold dead hands!
texas blues
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:19 am

Only one guitar? Oh the humanity. I guess I become an outlaw and renegade joining the new resistance!
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby blueswrench » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:42 am

My fav would have to be my Peavey t-60. With twin humbuckers with splitting capabilities and able to have them out of phase at the flick of a switch makes it a very versatile guitar. Since it doesn't have a big guitar "name", they are very affordable too. The only downside I've seen is that it's like wearing a compact car around yer neck. very heavy
blueswrench
Regular

Postby Lo-Fi » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Yeah, I would be joining up with the Emma Goldman Brigade

My 1958 Tele. Early one with strings through body. Tons of battle scars but it has been with me since I was just a young 'un and has never failed to fire up when I needed it to.
Lo-Fi
Regular

Postby Lo-Fi » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:12 pm

blueswrench wrote:My fav would have to be my Peavey t-60.

The owner of one of lour local music stores collects these. I have played them and they really are great sounding guitars But Lordy, they weigh as much as a boat anchor. I have been tempted though to try and buy one off of him.
Lo-Fi
Regular

Return to Talking Blues