Streaming the Blues

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Streaming the Blues

Postby jeffl » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Maybe we've talked about this in the past, but where do you stream your blues from....?
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Streaming the Blues

Postby ricochet » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:58 pm

Mouth? Fingers?
ricochet
Regular

Postby Ā§treetslim » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:14 pm

last.fm
Ā§treetslim
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:01 am

I've put a few things up on Soundclick, long ago. Walter still puts some up there on a daily basis.
ricochet
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:05 pm

I've put a few things up on Soundclick, long ago. Walter still puts some up there on a daily basis.

I don't think that's what he's talking about. More like playing live on the net. Our band has used Ustream. Ustream is a live steaming site and I believe youtube has a live streaming "room".

Unless of course, he means listening, then there are tons of genre specific internet radio sites.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:17 pm

Now you're talking about something new to me. I went over to Ustream and took a look around. From the user's perspective, it looks a lot like Youtube. Looks like you upload in real time. You can also do that on Facebook.

Big problem I've had with Youtube is interminable upload times.
ricochet
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:44 pm

I broadcast live shows using the Shoutcast source through Winamp - various times, but regularly at 9:30 am and 4 pm on Sundays. You can listen in at http://red.neostreams.info.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:09 pm

I don't get the point of live broadcasting, though. The cool thing about webcasting is being able to watch anytime you want to. Sitting down and tuning in at an appointed time is so 1950s. ('30s, really.)
ricochet
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:26 pm

People seem to respond to the live thing - I know I enjoy playing more for any kind of live audience
than I do recording.

I've also been pushing my repertoire on the live broadcasts so, unlike a recording - you never know what I'm playing next. Or if - disaster is about to strike! Possibly fatal broken strings!
The audience I've been playing to is pretty responsive by which I mean they tip and spend money on CD's and downloads. So there's SOMEtHING there.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby NEONMOONY » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:03 pm

I don't get the point of live broadcasting, though. The cool thing about webcasting is being able to watch anytime you want to. Sitting down and tuning in at an appointed time is so 1950s. ('30s, really.)

Except with the internet, everybody has access to the broadcasting, anybody can do it. You don't have to be a star to broadcast. I was at a party once where they had live video streaming set up two way and folks in a house in Nashville, several hundred miles away, and the folks at the party I was at were sort of linked by video teleconference.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Return to Talking Blues