Cam Waters' Passing On

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Cam Waters' Passing On

Postby jeffl » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:25 pm

I hate to be the one to bring this sad, sad news, but Cam Waters passed away at his house in Minneapolis, Mn., some time yesterday. Cam collaberated often with Dakota Dave Hull, Dave von Ronk, Maria Muldaur, Charlie Parr, Doc Watson, and many other equally talented country blues artists. He was a prolific gigger here in the upper midwest U.S., and was a very bright light for many of us to follow. He was 51 and will be sorely and sadly missed. If you met him once, your life was better for it. If you're interested, there should be news about his memorial on his website, http://www.myspace.com/camwatersmusic , or www.camwaters.com.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cam Waters' Passing On

Postby bosco » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:59 am

That's a shame, Bubba...what a talent!

Had never heard of him until you posted this. Checked out his MySpace and really like some of his stuff- "Maybe I'll just stay home" and "I'm not laughing now" in particular.

Did you know him?
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:59 am

R.I.P.
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:50 pm

bosco wrote:That's a shame, Bubba...what a talent!

Had never heard of him until you posted this. Checked out his MySpace and really like some of his stuff- "Maybe I'll just stay home" and "I'm not laughing now" in particular.

Did you know him?
I knew him just casually Bosco... from showing up at his gigs, to having a number of mutual friends. I've only had a few conversations with him. He played alot in the town I work in (Rochester,Mn.). The last time I heard him was this past summer at the Alma (Wisconsin) Big River Music & Arts Fest.; One of my buddies is the drummer for their annual "house band", since one of the guys is the fest organizer. Cam was one of those guys who had the sensitivity to write songs about peoples' everyday trials, but he didn't have the toughness to help him deal with the negative impressions it left on him. He was too vulnerable. Everybody loved him.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Talking Blues