NBC News contacted me for a story - tonight at 6

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Re: NBC News contacted me for a story - tonight at 6

Postby watertore » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:45 pm

thanks maxx england for posting to that site (although I do not know who he is).

Thanks Bubba! I thought it came out good too. My buddy Mark Rubenstien is coming over sunday to engineer and play keys/bass/accordian with me for the soundtrack on an upcoming NBC news special. It will air the day after thanksgiving @ 7:30pm and is going to feature the best of the human interest stories that were done in central ohio this year. They sent me the gist of the 8 stories being shown (mine is one) and I am free to do what I want musically. This is exciting on many levels-
1- I get to play again with Mark (we last played in my austin days (late 80's)
2- I have a longtime friend close (none within 500 miles as of now)
2- I get to learn a ton about recording from him- he was just hired to run the recording engineering program at ohio state and has run sugar hill studios, engineered recordings for some big wigs like natile cole.
3- I get to do music for a network show, free of strings!

Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:54 pm

I have worked out how the world works. Did you ever push a gyroscope in one direction, and it moved off at 90 degrees? That's what's happening. I think you stopped pushing in the wrong direction, and now it's all coming towards you instead of skidding off to one side.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Walter, I'll bet some people are really surprised when they meet you face to face: some of 'em prob'ly expect to meet an old black guy in bibs and boots, with a grey beard and an old suit that has tobacco stains on it and smells of late nights with smoke and alcohol. Yer a trip!
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:07 pm

maxx england wrote:I have worked out how the world works. Did you ever push a gyroscope in one direction, and it moved off at 90 degrees? That's what's happening. I think you stopped pushing in the wrong direction, and now it's all coming towards you instead of skidding off to one side.

That is good analogy. I am getting there. Getting older has its good points! Thanks. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:57 pm

maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Talking Blues