Live Texas Blues Broadcast Tonight ~ 9pm CST

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Live Texas Blues Broadcast Tonight ~ 9pm CST

Postby strathound » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Hey folks,

I'm happy to announce that we have our next show lined up. We will be broadcasting live from Pearl this Friday night (tomorrow, September 25th) from Pearl on Commerce in Dallas, Texas. Pearl just won "Best Blues Venue" in the 2009 Observer Awards. And Holland is a major international blues talent. Put the two together, and we've got ourselves a real blues party for our second broadcast on The Roadhouse.

Broadcast begins at 8pm CST and the music begins at 9:30pm. We'll keep the cameras and sound rolling till I fall on the floor or they run me out.

Here is the website for the broadcast:

http://www.texasbluesroadhouse.com/page/texas-blues-tv-live-blues

And if any of you are interested in doing something like this in your area, I'm using Ustream.tv, a digital camera, a mic and a laptop to broadcast the show. It's very easy. And since I want to hear some live blues from your neck of the woods, I'd be happy to help anyone get started that wants to do something like this. Just send me a note and I'll help in any way I can. I've had several people ask me to write an article in Southwest Blues on how to do this. I've put some feelers out about that, but haven't got a response. So I'll keep it to individuals who want to know. Just PM me.

Yours in the blues,
strathound
Regular

Re: Live Texas Blues Broadcast Tonight ~ 9pm CST

Postby strathound » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Here are some videos from the show. Hope you enjoy these. I will be pulling these down soon. So watch them while you can:

Interview With Hot Blonde Blues Dancer

Jazz And Swing Featuring Holland K. Smith

Trainyard Blues Featuring Cheryl Arena

Thank you for your support,
strathound
Regular

Return to Talking Blues