Anybody see this kid Play the Blues on AGT

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Anybody see this kid Play the Blues on AGT

Postby birddog » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Not a big Americas Got Talent fan but I did catch this kid last night. Nice to see a 9 year old on national tv & playing the blues. :mrgreen:
I don't know how to post this stuff right but the kid segment starts at about 8:05
http://videoguide.msn.com/play/tv/?g=48 ... tpopulartv

Oh yeah, took this off a blog page.
There is finally a good act with cute-as-a-button 9 year-old Tallan Noble Latz, which is just the best name in the whole wide world. If he wins the money, he wants to have his mom quit working so he can spend more time with her. Now see... these are the kinds of little kids I just love. This kid is so sincere and adorable, I just want to kidnap him and take him home and read him Harry Potter and play catch with him.

Wally
birddog
Regular

Re: Anybody see this kid Play the Blues on AGT

Postby unquashable » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:39 pm

I do not watch TV, but I've seen Tallan on Youtube before and he rocks. I'd be interested to see where he's at in ten years. I didn't even start guitar until I was 19.
unquashable
Regular

Postby birddog » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Here's another bit on him.
Tallon Noble Latz

It also just so happens that this kid can really play the guitar. It's quite entertaining and I can't wait to see what he does in Las Vegas. The judges just love this kid and he is through unanimously. Excellent. Video of Tallan sitting in with Jonathon Long & The Baton Rouge Soul Explosion at BB King's Blues Club in Memphis back in February is below. Apparently the band saw him performing on Beale Street and asked him to sit in with them. That is the best thing I've ever heard, what a cutie patootie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9NV3yx7y5Q
birddog
Regular

Postby farmaz » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:08 pm

he can play very good, but imo to play blues & understand the music you need to have lived a bit of a life & been through some hard times. whats he gonna do tunes about.........i got no sweets blues or maybe i'm not allowed to play my x box blues.
farmaz
Arbiter of monkey junk

Postby hooverhasit » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:23 am

farmaz wrote:he can play very good, but imo to play blues & understand the music you need to have lived a bit of a life & been through some hard times. whats he gonna do tunes about.........i got no sweets blues or maybe i'm not allowed to play my x box blues.

hi, newby here, delighted to see a thread on tman. was bummed when he did not make it on a.g.t. does not matter, with all the love he is getting from the blues greats, he is way ahead of most of them. heck, he has more hits on youtube than all of americas got talent.
for his young age tman has been through some hard times. that was one of them, the others were his being denied the right to perform in joints and bars in his home state. he did get around that by playing festivals and fairs and of course going to other states with looser child labor laws. all in all i do think the kid has lived quite a life so far, experiencing more than many adults. just watching the emotion he displayed on that show showed the depth his young soul could feel. go on little tman....you are a star in the making as are several other young up and comers. some are just born old souls and these blues loving kids fit the bill .
hooverhasit
Regular

Postby Bournio » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:42 am

farmaz wrote:he can play very good, but imo to play blues & understand the music you need to have lived a bit of a life & been through some hard times. whats he gonna do tunes about.........i got no sweets blues or maybe i'm not allowed to play my x box blues.

This annoys me! Do you just play the "got no oatcakes blues" (Actually. I've got those blues right now...)

Just because music started out somewhere doesn't mean that's all it's about... You needn't suffer to play the blues...
Bournio
Regular

Postby bluescentric » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Yeah, I've been following Tallan's career with great interest. The kid is incredibly talented and I've got faith that he'll hopefully introduce Blues to more audiences. Apparently, he's starting early with AGT! I don't like the show either but I was so thrilled that he got on there. I heard they booted him because his "act" wouldn't work in Vegas?! :roll: :roll:

Tallan's been playing with Buddy Guy and Johnny Lang and a whole mess of other very talented musicians. I love that some young people are still so drawn to it.
bluescentric
Regular

Return to Talking Blues