Basic Blues Riffs

A place to post harmonica tabs separately from harmonica discussion so it doesn’t get lost in the messages. To make it easy to search we suggest starting a new thread for each song posted and include the song name in your title. We’ll be able to make a nice archive if we keep tab here and discussion on the other forums.

Basic Blues Riffs

Postby wolfeyes » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:30 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-05 AT 00:32 AM (EST)]Does anyone know where I can learn really basic blues rhtyhm riffs on the harmoinca? I think the best thing for me to learn on the harmonica is really basic blues riffs. For instance the riff to I'm a Man, Back Door Man, Spoonful, etc.
wolfeyes
Regular

RE: Basic Blues Riffs

Postby fat rabbit » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:49 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-05 AT 11:10 AM (EST)]>Does anyone know where I can learn really basic blues rhtyhm
>riffs on the harmoinca? I think the best thing for me to
>learn on the harmonica is really basic blues riffs. For
>instance the riff to I'm a Man, Back Door Man, Spoonful,
>etc.

:D

You might try Yahoo! Group:harpplayers, Files, check out sections 1&4, Blues Riff. It may have what you are looking for.;)
fat rabbit
Regular

Postby brass finger » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:23 am

I learned the basics right here.
Now I gotta start buying more than two harmonica's.
brass finger
Regular

Postby sandy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:21 pm

There is a useful book/CD combination by UK harp player Ben Hewlett called 101 Blues Riffs, based on Sonny Terry, Little Walter, Sonny Boy II, Big Walter, Charlie McCoy, Rod Piazza etc. The website is http://www.HarmonicaCourse.com, but I can't get it to work at the moment. You can see a bit about it at http://www.harmonicaworld.com/product.p ... 262&page=1. I went to some of Ben's lessons a couple of years ago.
sandy
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Harmonica Tabs