Which harmonica key to use?

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Which harmonica key to use?

Postby harmonicatunes » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:01 am

New harmonica players often struggle to find the right key harmonica during jams. I've written an article explaining how to find the harmonica key, without having to ask. I wish I had known this when I started.

"Beginning harmonica players usually need to be told which harmonica key to use during jams. Asking the key before a song starts is reasonable, asking the key during a song is not. And, if the answer is obvious it is better to know than to ask...."

The rest of the article is at http://www.harmonicatunes.com/whichharmonicakey
harmonicatunes
Regular

Re: Which harmonica key to use?

Postby DeFord Harp Slider » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:40 pm

Hello Tunes, I explored your website and was very impressed...... I play with some blue grass guys and can see that it would be a lot easier using some specially tuned harps.... I loved the Irish fiddle tunes and the busker set up was ingenuous and very effective..... Australia is still as pretty as in 1969 when I was there on R&R from Vietnam, but like the people here in the U.S., the people are looking like they could use a bit more exercise. Thanks for posting. DeFord
DeFord Harp Slider
Regular

Return to Blues Harp