Harly Benton

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Harly Benton

Postby bigmal » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi there UK newby here .Have any of you guys heard of a blues harp made by Harly Benton, is it worth buying a set to learn with or are they just a cheap toy.
Mal
bigmal
Regular

Re: Harly Benton

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:17 am

...these are german badged products of a chinese factory...Harley Benton is the trade name of the German corporation Thomann... http://www.thomann.de

..now I haven't played these but I think that rather than buying a full set of cheap harps when you're beginning, it's probably better to buy one or two decent harps..of which there are a great variety out there...

..think Hohner Special 20, or Lee Oskar Major diatonic..something along these lines, you don't say where you are located in the UK, but one or other of these harps will be available at almost any music store in the UK. These instruments are reasonbably durable and easier to play in terms of airtightness and comfort...when you get to playing a long time you'll appreciate how important these attributes are.. :wink:

..this is just my tuppence worth...good luck with whatever you choose...
8)
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby bigmal » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:07 pm

Hi there thank for the advice but I am now looking at a set of 6 Sazuki blues masters for £56-42 + £7-00 postage I think thats a realy good price.
Mal
Hull
East Yorkshire
bigmal
Regular

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:19 pm

...if you can get 6 Suzuki Blues Masters for that price..go for it...I see them on retail at about £20 each...
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby bottleneck » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:34 am

something like suzuki bluesmasters makes more sense than the harly benton.

i use pro-masters and harpmasters,as well as blues masters.i really like the harp master.heck,although a little weak,a folk master isn't that bad.

http://www.myspace.com/shakeylyman
bottleneck
Regular

Return to Blues Harp