Hohner cheaper in Germany?

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Hohner cheaper in Germany?

Postby bluecooper » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:10 pm

anyone any ideas?
I am currently in the UK and pay around £18 for a hohner marine band harp.
Thomann the german website can deliver to the uk for around the same as i can get them at my local,
BUT are they cheaper there?
Just wondering as i am going backpacking through central asia for 6 months and stop in Germnay first, wondering if i should get a few extra harps here or there.
cheers!
bluecooper
Regular

Re: Hohner cheaper in Germany?

Postby barbequebob » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:31 pm

For years, many people from Europe & UK have bought them here in the USA because of price. Since you guys deal with a VAT (value added tax), I really wouldn't bet the farm on that. When I was on the road with Luther "Guitar Junior" Johnson, I was shocked to see while I was in Canada that Canadian whiskey cost more up in Canada than it did in the USA.
barbequebob
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JakeyVimto » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:45 pm

I got a couple of Sp20's for about £13.50 a pop in Prague last time I was there, not sure about germany though. I think Thomanns knock down their price because of lower overheads, not the going rate for harps in Germany.

I'm not sure though, but Prague is defo about £6-7 cheaper on most models at least.

j
JakeyVimto
Regular

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:02 pm

...£18 a pop isn't bad for shop prices...nothing below £20 hereabouts in the north-east of Scotland... :(
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Return to Blues Harp