Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

Postby eline » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:56 am

Fender Blues Deluxe reissue:
Any thoughts on this amp?
Eddie
eline
Regular

Re: Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

Postby watertore » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:04 pm

I have been using a stock one for about 4 years. I use it for guitar. I can say that it sounds pretty close to the old ones. Close enough to keep me from spending a fortune on one:D . It has been reliable with gigging and I use a thd hotplate so I can play quiet when I record and do gigs. They are loud!! My friend uses an original black face for the harp and gets a good sound. Walter

If I had my way, I would have an old princeton with reverb and tremelo. The deluxe reissue is the smallest new fender tube amp with both that I know of
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

Postby barbequebob » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:30 pm

Of all of the reissues they've put out, they did the best job overall with these amps, and if you find some that had white tolex covering, they're the loudest of the bunch. If you can find any NOS GE 6V6 power tubes along with any NOS US or WE preamp and rectifier tubes (I believe the NOS rectifier tube was a GE 5y3), they sound even better (and those tubes will last longer too).
barbequebob
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp