danny boy tab needed

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

danny boy tab needed

Postby jagarner70 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:45 pm

ok, I know its a bit of a stretch but I was wondering if anyone had good tab for Danny Boy. I'd like to play it for my mom later this month. It would also help ease my pain as I am currently working on Juke and its a little rough. Thanks.
jagarner70
Contributor
Contributor

Re: danny boy tab needed

Postby mike932 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:59 am

I think I might be able to help. If you read music, get the singers copy of the song, and use the singers notes . Even if do not read music you can follow the ups and downs of the notes to give you a hint of whether you should be blowing or drawing (straight Harp). Great song by the way. It is one of those songs which make me fake allergies (wiping tears from my eyes and saying "damn allergies"). I used the singers copy of "I'm so lonesome I could cry" to learn it. Last Friday night while I was warming up before the gig I played it to my girlfriend, she started singing along . Two Old Timers wanted us to play it during the gig, I hated to tell them it wasn't on the set list, we have never played it as a band. There is someting about certain old songs that really effect people emotionally, a good thing.
mike932
Regular

Return to Blues Harp